With the hustle and bustle of daily life, we often find ourselves not having time to plan and prepare quality and healthy meals. We normally rush through our morning routine and eat mostly cereals or a sandwich before heading out to start our workday. By midday, we are tired and so stressed that we choose to eat fast foods. Then, the long commute home leaves you with no time and energy to make a healthy dinner. It’s no wonder people easily get sick because our bodies don’t get the nutrients needed.
This should never be the case. There are easy and healthy lunch ideas you can try that won’t deprive you of important nutrients and at the same time leave you feeling satiated. They are fairly easy to make and use ingredients you likely already have at home or can buy at the local grocery. Give these lunch recipes a shot and look forward to your midday meal.
Mexican Quinoa Bowl
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 piece white onion
- 1 small butter leaf lettuce
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 avocado
- Cilantro leaves
- Salsa of your choice
- Sea salt
- Boil 2 ½ cups of water in a pot.
- Add the quinoa once the water comes to a boil.
- Put the lid back on and let it simmer.
- Mince the white onion and set it aside.
- Take a few leaves from the butter leaf lettuce and dice them.
- Set aside the cut leaves in a bowl.
- Dice the tomato and set it aside.
- Cut an avocado open and remove the pit.
- Dice the avocado flesh into and set it aside.
- Cut some cilantro leaves and set aside.
- Remove the quinoa from the pot and put it into a bowl.
- Add the cut butter leaf lettuce, diced tomatoes, white onions, avocado, cilantro, salsa and sea salt.
- Canned tuna
- Soy-free veganaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Ezekiel bread
- Cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Open a can of tuna and drain the oil or water.
- Put the tuna in a bowl.
- Add some soy-free veganaise to the tuna.
- Add the juice of one lemon.
- Dice the onion and add it into the bowl.
- Mince the clove of garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine this together.
- Add more veganaise if the mixture is too dry.
- Toast a slice of Ezekiel bread.
- Cover one side of the loaf with the tuna spread.
- Slice some cheddar cheese and put it on top of the tuna spread.
- Add the diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the top with pepper.
- Put the loaf in the oven and bake it for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove it from the oven and serve.
Tomato and Spinach Pasta Salad
- Pasta of your choice
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ricotta
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta in a pot of water.
- Dice the tomatoes and set them aside in a bowl.
- Drain the pasta once it is cooked
- Put the pasta in a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes to the bowl of pasta.
- Add the spinach.
- Crush the clove of garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Grate some parmesan cheese and put it on the top.
- Add in olive oil.
- Add a tablespoon of ricotta cheese.
- Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Mix them all together and serve.
These three easy and healthy lunch recipes can give you the energy and nutrients your body needs to last you the entire day. They use fresh ingredients and are packed with important vitamins and minerals you can’t get from fast foods and other processed foods you normally eat when you’re in a hurry. They don’t take much time to prepare and you can even make them in the morning without putting a strain on your schedule.
There are easy and healthy recipes just like these three that you can try if you really want to eat healthy. Making a change in your diet starts with you. Don’t make any more excuses. Make an effort to feed your body right today and not tomorrow or the day after.